Sunday, November 12, 2023

Walking Through August: Week 8




 

 

 

 

 

 

When I began watching Autumn last month
the predominant sweet Autumn smell I smelled was walnut

Walnuts falling from the trees and releasing their
succulent scent everywhere

Now, at the peak of the Fall Colors,
I’m smelling a little bit of everything

The sassafras and all the oaks, the maple and the walnut
sweet gum, tulip poplar, sycamore, chestnut, elm...
They’re all there, baptizing the woods and
all who enter therein

 

Let us stir those holy waters

++++++++
This Autumn, I took time to take regular photos and notes to map the passing days of the Fall season...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life in Three Acts

There was a play staged by a forest primeval I had a bit part I served as the stage manager in a play within a play put on for my own benefi...